Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta

This is the largest balloon fiesta in the world!  It's quite impressive.  I went early early this morning, and I plan on going back for the next two days!  It's really amazing to see all the balloons in the sky together.  At some points I think they just look like stickers someone stuck in the sky.  It's a pretty magnificent experience, and I got so excited about going this morning.  I felt like a 3 year old!  Anyway, here is a sample of what I shot this morning!

This one is for mom - she loves scarecrows!  I'm particularly a fan on the little black bird on his shoulder.  Too cute!

Up up and away

This one is one of my faves so far.  The colors are just great!
In the morning the balloons all line up and start inflating side by side.  It's really great to walk around and see what all goes into getting the balloon ready for flight. 

2 comments:

  1. Jealous! Looks absolutely gorgeous. And I LOVE the haunted house photo you sent me earlier today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, these make me want to dance like Carlton. UP UP AND AWAY WITH MY BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL BALLOOOOOOOOOON!

    ReplyDelete