Saturday, October 30, 2010

Evolution of the Good Groupie Pumpkin

One of my best friends is the one and only The Good Groupie(You should check out her blog if you haven't already - best music blog there is!  Check it out here: http://thegoodgroupie.blogspot.com/) As you will see on a recent post of hers, October and Halloween is her favorite time of year (and that's not just because of Oktoberfest beer)!  She also has an odd fascination with pumpkin guts and carving pumpkins.  While being sucked into a small grocery store 'pumpkin patch,' I decided to surprise her last weekend with her very own The Good Groupie Pumpkin!  She knew I was making a surprise for her, but she has no idea what was coming.  She was in shock when I asked her to help me get some things from my car only for her to find the glowing pumpkin sitting in the back of my car.  The surprise was a success!  My only hope was that she hadn't started a Good Groupie pumpkin of her own.  The good news for me was that she was too busy planning her party to carve a pumpkin of her own.  I had documented some of my progress in carving this pumpkin, so I now present the evolution of the Good Groupie pumpkin!

Step one was to pull her logo from her blog and simplify it a bit and print it for a pumpkin template.  I did my own logo too as you will see, but it's not nearly as cool (though I do love it too!).

I actually did this over 2 days.  After some work the first day,  I had a pretty 'good' start!
 
Mission complete!  I ended up going to Walgreens and finding some sort of manicure tool to help me do the small letters after I busted my tiny Exacto blade.  That ended up being a blessing in disguise.  That new tool was perfect for what I was doing!
The google eyes were my dad's idea!  I thought it was great.  I'm just glad I got them to stick right how I wanted them.  This shot reminds me of doing into a cave or something too.  haha.
One more shot! <3
And here is my AJG Photography Etc Pumpkin! 


2 comments:

  1. So awesome. I still can't believe how perfect the 'groupie' part was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That good groupie pumpkin is really neat. especially when its lit up!

    ReplyDelete