Monday, October 18, 2010

Balloon Fiesta Part 2 - Flight of the Nations




The second day that I went to the Balloon Fiesta, it was Flight of the Nations day!  Most of the balloons from this day were from other countries (though there are several local balloons that fly each day, sponsor balloons, etc).  There were several from Brazil, a couple from Germany, and even one from Japan!  I don't know from how many countries balloons came from, but the number of foreign balloons was amazing!  I also learned that there aren't any balloons manufactured in the United States.  Many of them are now made in Brazil, Germany, and the UK.  I thought that was pretty interesting.  Okay, enough text, onto the pictures!!


This is quite possibly my favorite picture from the event.  This US Flag balloon goes up as part of the Dawn Patrol.  This group goes up very early in the morning to test the wind conditions and serve as a guide to other balloons that will be flying that day.  (I was actually at the park by 5:50am each day!  I impressed myself!)

These are some of the balloons that fly each day.  After Dawn Patrol, they are the first to start inflating.  (Don't say the balloons are "blowing up" - they don't like that!  haha)
 

I love this balloon! 

This guy was from the Albuquerque area.  I'm not sure which tribe he is with, but he was pretty funny!  He was there with his wife and they both did some singing and story telling.  It was fun!
 



The Darth Vader helmet balloon is a huge hit!  The balloon comes in complete with Darth Vader himself, some Storm Troopers, and some other characters that I have no clue as to what they are... I loved the looks on these little boys' faces!  They weren't afraid, but they were definitely trying to figure him out.  Oh yeah, this balloon claims it's home in Germany!

No comments:

Post a Comment